- Sponsoring community events and programs through Community Outreach.
- Enabling the presentation of new and unique arts and cultural experiences.
- Enabling arts and culture activities for children and teenagers and the community as a whole.
- Investing in the infrastructure of Meaford Hall through fundraising activities.
What We Do
The Meaford Hall & Culture Foundation was created in 2006 as a vehicle to raise the outstanding funds required for the completion of the Meaford Hall renovation.
In 2018, the Foundation rebranded to Meaford Culture Foundation to reduce public confusion between our Foundation and Meaford Hall Arts and Cultural Centre.
Meaford Culture Foundation is a fully independent, not-for profit, registered, charitable organization whose mission is to raise funds for arts and culture initiatives in the community and capital projects at Meaford Hall. It operates independently from both the Municipality and the Meaford Hall. All decisions are approved by a fully independent, volunteer Board of up to nine Directors.
The Meaford Culture Foundation is proud to be an agile and responsive organization that can respond to our community’s ever changing needs. Since our establishment, the Foundation has provided approximately $250,000 to community cultural events and $589,000 towards Meaford Hall capital projects.
Throughout the year, you can count on us to:
- Sponsor community events and programs through Community Outreach
- Provide student and youth bursaries for art, music and theatre camps
- Present the annual Meaford International Film Festival
- Invest in infrastructure at the Meaford Hall Arts & Cultural Centre
We have also made major contributions to support Meaford Hall:
- Purchased a new projector, piano, curtains and other capital assets for Meaford Hall
- Contributed $145,000 towards the Balcony Project restoration
- Attracted approximately 17,500 paying patrons to events at Meaford Hall
- Paid over $200,000 for Hall rental fees, technician costs etc, for Foundation sponsored events
Everything we do is possible thanks to generous donations and sponsorship contributions from local businesses and individuals. To date, the Foundation has raised over $650,000, which has been supported and benefited our local community. With 84 volunteers and no paid employees, our financial efficiency ratio is 96% (2019).
If you’d like to make a difference in your community, click below to make a tax-deductible donation