The Meaford Culture Foundation grants an award of $1000 annually to a student entering their first year in a Canadian college or university who meets the criteria set out below.
Applicants must be a resident of the Municipality of Meaford, or be graduating from a Meaford high school at the time of application.
- Proof of enrollment in a field of study pertaining to arts and/or culture in an accredited Canadian institution. Programs may including the following:
- Fine Arts
- Creative Writing & Literature Studies
- Music Studies
- Visual Arts
- Digital Arts
- Film and TV
- Ceramics and Textile Design
- Cultural Studies, Indigenous studies
- Any other program that would fit within the category of creative arts and/or culture
2. An essay (maximum 1000 words), demonstrating your commitment to this field of study. This may include your work and studies to date, why you’re passionate about this field, the skills you hope to acquire through your continued studies, where you see yourself after graduation, and any other details you would like to share.
3. A submission demonstrating your artistic merit or passion for your area of studies. This may include a short video, a visual portfolio, a sound recording, or any other form of media that demonstrates your experience and talents.
Applications are due June 30th of each year.
To apply, submit all required materials as well as a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Scholarship Application”.
Note: The successful applicant will be notified no later than July 31st each year.